Community-Based Management of COVID-19
This training course is based on the Four-Part Recommendations for Community-Based Management of COVID-19 for LGUs released by the Philippine Society for Public Health Physicians (PSPHP), Alliance for Improving Health Outcomes (AIHO) and the Foundation for Family Medicine Educators, Inc. (FAMED). The modules are designed to enable local government units to implement preventive measures and manage local cases in their respective areas towards an empowered, community- and person-centered response in managing the COVID-19 pandemic.
Through a partnership with Zuellig Family Foundation (ZFF), these recommendations were further enhanced by integrating local government inputs, experiences, and implementers’ feedback from ZFF’s partner provinces. This course includes essential checklists, cases scenarios, policies and resources guided by principles that can withstand the changing COVID-19 evidence landscape.
Upon completion of the module at the highest level of achievement, you should be able to:
- Assess your health system readiness to implement recommended guidelines and protocols;
- Apply recommended community-level protocols and preventive measures with your local leaders, health teams, communities and families;
- Identify actions and support needed to implement the guidelines in your respective communities; and
- Reflect on your roles and needed adaptive responses in this time of health system disruption.
- Local Chief Executives
- Provincial and Municipal Health Officers
- DRRM Officers
- IATF Commanders
- Key people in Pandemic Response
2 hours per module x 4 modules