Municipal Leadership and Governance Program
The mayor’s commitment to support health reforms and an endorsement from the Department of Health’s regional office are taken into consideration in selecting municipalities for the program.
The Academic Partners train and coach municipal leaders on local health systems development. Particular focus is given on the World Health Organization’s six building blocks of health systems: 1) leadership and governance, 2) financing, 3) access to medicines and technology, 4) workforce, 5) health information system and 6) service delivery.
Benefits from the program include:
- Personal development in health leadership and governance
- Improvement of municipal health outcomes
- Translation of health outcomes into political gains
- Increased networking and partnerships
- Opportunity for health program grants and infrastructure development
- Municipal Mayors
- Municipal Health Officers
1 to 3 Days