Youth Leadership and Governance Program
In partnership with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the Youth Leadership and Governance Program (YLGP) is a five-year program that will run from 2019 to 2023 and covers 50 municipalities in Mindanao.
It is a leadership capacity- building initiative aimed at realizing the full potential of young people in local governance.
There are 2 modules and practicum phases. Participants’ Bridging Leadership competencies will be developed to boost their participation in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of their local government’s adolescent sexual reproductive health (SRH) programs. It aims to reduce teenage pregnancy and improve knowledge about HIV.
Participants are expected to:
- Improve systems and services for SRH
- Implement policies and program that are inclusive and responsive to the needs of the adolescent and youth population
- Sangguniang Kabataan Federation presidents;
- Municipal health officers, municipal planning and development officers;
- Local youth development officers; and
- Youth leaders.
1 to 3 Days