Module 1: Analyzing Your Local F1KD Nutrition Situation
It is important to focus on the first 1000 days of child’s life (F1KD), as it is the “golden window of opportunity” for rapid growth and development for a child.
However, the lack of access to proper nutrition is a major contributor to disease burden in the country. Children under five years of age in particular are most vulnerable as malnutrition can cause long-term illness and even deaths.
This module explains the causes and consequences of F1KD malnutrition. It also elaborates the importance of leadership and conducting systems analysis to understand the complexities of malnutrition in F1KD nutrition situation in your assigned area.
- Recall the description of F1KD and the causes and consequences of malnutrition
- Look at the magnitude of problem of national nutrition situation
- Discuss the current national initiatives to combat malnutrition in F1KD
- Familiarize with a leadership framework known as Bridging Leadership
- Apply systems thinking
- Local Chief Executives (Mayors)
- Nutrition Managers
- Health Managers (Municipal Health Officers)
- Health/Nutrition Officers
- Health professionals
- Graduate students
- Interested individuals
Course Requirements and Completion
- Dedicate a minimum of 2 hours of study time
- Answer all required activities and learning assessment
- Answer all module evaluation questions